Hi there I am Edzo.
Welcome to my About Me page. For my email address and phone number, see My Resume.
My Contact information
|Mastodon||blogs @ Medium||Github|
|Goodreads||blogs @ SogetiLabs|
|publications @ AGConnect|
|SlideShare||DYA Webinar - Introduction Sensemaking Architecture - 2020-04|
|Public Decks||DYA TechWorkout - Agile and Architecture - 2020-06|
|DYA Conference - Sensemaking Architecture - 2020-09|
|MSc AF Thesis (DOI)||Architecture in this new world we live in|
|Gitlab AF Thesis||Value sensitive architecture|
|Gitlab AF Article|
- Experienced Speaker
- Experienced Writer
- Experienced Coach
- Experienced Problem Solver (Business and IT)
- since 1993 IT experience via helping companies and people
- since 1995 organisational experience via founding organisations
- student helpdesk to help teachers
- student computer club
- first in digital educational content
- since 1999 business experience via founding own company and volunteering
- since 1999 writer of blogs and articles.
- since 2006 in many (international) talent programs
- since 2006 20 clients / 30 assignments
- since 2017 Sogetilabs Fellow
- since 2017 Architecture Thought-leadership team
- Human Centred Design
- Equality, Liberty and Fraternity
- Radical Open Everything
- Privacy and Security are important to guarantee the above.
My Myers-Briggs Personality Type
My favourite quotes
“It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.”
- Harry S Truman
“Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can’t Lose.”
- Coach Taylor
“I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.”
Reality is a Complex Adaptive System-of-Systems showing a non-linear behaviour
- (Dietz et al., 2013, p. 93)
I try not to forget that we are all observing reality through our own personal lens. We need to be cautious not to assume that what we see is the same as what someone else observes.
How I work
1. Human Centred
- Get to know the people.
- Get to know the language of the organisation.
2. Goal and Complex System oriented
- Find the problem and how to validate if the problem is solved.
- Approach the systems from a Complex Systems holistic viewpoint.
- I use Enterprise Engineering as a framework for my professional mental model.
3. Communication is key
- I believe that the alignment of communication and emotion that bring success to an organisation.
4. IT has no secrets for me
- My roots are (deep) in the IT.
- My understanding is that IT is just a tool.
- For me most IT issues are not IT issues but organisation alignment issues, therefore I try to avoid the distinction between business and IT.
- Inspiration and collaboration are the key to valuable usage of any tool.